Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Painting in Yosemite

I went back a second time to the Plein Art with Watercolor workshop. The Yosemite Art and Education Center offers classes, Mon - Sat, 10 am to 2 pm. All through the season (from May - Nov), they bring in different artist/teachers. You can attend one, or all week, or for the four hours, or whatever fits your schedule. Classes draw beginners and experienced painters. And did I mention - they are free?

Seated is the wonderful, energetic and encouraging painter, Jean Bradshaw. Notice that she is wearing -- purple pants and a purple visor -- how could I not love her? Standing behind her is one of her daughters -- who came to help and also to take a course with her mom for the first time.

The two bottom photos are of participants in the class. They brought their own easels and supplies and I liked their set-ups.

If we agree that plein art painting is a meditation and a possible spiritual experience, I rated high on success and satisfaction. But if the products are for next weekend's art show -- let's just say, ahem, I lost my painting.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: